Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beloved CoCo

We adopted our sweet chocolate lab, CoCo in April, 2000. This past Monday, after 12 wonderful years of unconditional love, we had to make the heartbreaking decision to put her down. I saw her sweet face the first time I visited your website in 2000. I didn't want to tell my two kids until I visited her in person and made sure she had a good disposition. She couldn't have been more perfect! She was such a joy to us throughout her life. She used to greet us at the door by spinning in circles and barking her head off. She went with us on many of our family vacations. She never left my side after the death of my 18 year son in 2006. She never ever complained in her late years. Our vet said she was full of tumors and had a huge mass around her stomach. He said it was "her time." Lying on the floor of the examining room next to her as she took her last breath is a moment I will cherish forever. She completed our family and is terribly missed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry...
    R.I.P, Coco, and may you rest in peace, reincarnate to a good dog and be in a good family again.

    ReplyDelete