Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Best Gift was His Life

My Husband, son and I have been going to the Gwinnett Humane Society for years looking for that special animal to add to our lives. We have always had it in our hearts to adopt and save a life, but little did we know one day, that we would actually be walking out with Bandit. When we went in the first thing he did was catch my eye. He would talk to us through the glass and it instantly clicked.. he was the one! I asked about him, and he was arranged for an adoption. Days went by and we would drive 45 minutes just to see if he was still there. Apparently two people have backed out of his adoption, so we decided to take our 2 year old go outside and meet face to face at last. What was odd is that he was SO excited to be outside he really didn't give his time of day towards us... but something still told me he was the one. After a couple of days we took him home and he has brought tons of joy into our home. Our family, neighbors and friends just LOVE him. He was such a skinny little
thing and its hard to believe that someone let go of this amazing dog. He has such a cute, intelligent attitude. He is full of love and constantly jumps in our laps.. it was so hard to see him in there, with no meat on his bones and no true affection. We have since got him to the vet, up to date on everything and he now weighs the normal weight for his size. I honestly can't picture my life or my family without him! Adopting him was one of the best choices, and commitments I have ever made, and I urge other families out there to do the same. Being an adopted animal owner is such a great feeling, and it fills a void. I just knew it was meant to be. It might have taken us many visits, but it was still worth it! Save a life, and adopt... don't "buy".

No comments:

Post a Comment